John Elway was the type of player that people will still be talking out for future generations. He had what it takes to mount frantic last minute comebacks, and could move quickly out of the pocket buying extra time and to avoid the sack. Not only was he a great running quarterback, Elway had one of the strongest arms of any quarterback in history. To give you an example of what kind of player John Elway was, let me take you back to the 1986 AFC Championship game. The Broncos were losing 20-13 and were pinned back at their own two yard line. What did he have to say to his teammates in the huddle? Elway said, «We have them right where we want them». A trip to the Super Bowl was on the line, and he had to work against the weather, the cold, the wind, the crowd, the clock, and the Cleveland Browns.
With everything against him John Elway drove down the entire length of the field in 15 plays, ending with a Mark Jackson touchdown reception to tie the game. Just one possession into overtime he led the Broncos into scoring position to set up the winning field goal. The Browns had just been «Elwayed»
4 years earlier, nobody would ever imagine that Elway would have been in that situation. After being drafted #1 in the NFL by the Colts, Elway rejected their offers and signed a contract with the Broncos. Fans were immediately expecting miracles. Reality set in and the young Elway produced too many delay of game penalties, and threw too many interceptions at critical times in the game. Soon Elway was benched.
That offseason he had the offensive playbook with him night and day. He actually slept with his playbook. Since that offseason Elway began to produce more than any other quarterback in his era.
Interesting Facts about John Elway
- At the age of 16 he starred for his high school baseball and football teams. He throws right as a quarterback, but buts lefty as a baseball player.
- At the age of 20 Elway became an All American at Stanford. He was also drafted by the Kansas City Royals the same year.
- Drafted by the New York Yankees at the age of 21
- Bats .318 in the minors. Drafted by the Colts but is traded to the Denver Broncos.
- Elway was one of the most mobile quarterbacks in the NFL. He set a record when he passed for more than 3,000 yards and also ran for more than 200 yards every year from 1984-1991.
- 1982 – Bats .318 for the NY Yankees farm team. Named All American QB for the second time.
- 1985 – Throws for 3, 891 yards and 22 touchdowns
- 1987 – Records 83.4 QB Rating
- 1992 – Gains his 30,000th passing yard and 150th TD.
tercera equipacion psg 2018 Somos una tienda profesional que vende camisetas de futbol replicas exactas en espana,tailandia de calidad,precio barato,entrega rápida.